Monday, November 16, 2015

My Paintings' New Home



Whenever I gift or sell my sketch or painting to someone, I request that the receiver or buyer send me a picture of their home that shows how and where it hangs.

All accept and promise that I will soon receive a picture. No one had ever fulfilled that promise. 

Until now.

Here are the two pictures I received a few days ago and I am elated.

















From the top one of the two paintings in the photographs hangs a tale.  A few years ago I received a call from a gentleman who requested that I let him use that picture on a wedding invitation! His daughter was getting married in that very church and he wanted the picture on the invitation card! He had searched on Google for a picture of the St. Andrews Church on Cubbon Road, Bangalore and this was among the hits Google returned in response to his query. There were many photographs, of course, but he wanted this. I was really flattered and I let him use it.

In turn, he graciously invited me to the wedding which, I attended. It was a lovely wedding, indeed!

As coincidence would have it, Facebook told me that I posted the picture of the St Andrews' Church exactly four years ago!

The two pictures now hang in the home of a dear friend's sister, in the US. This post is also a note of thanks to the friend and her! 

I wish her and her family a lot of happiness!!





No comments:

Post a Comment