Thursday, September 15, 2011

Here are some recent portraits I made. I have been trying to improve my skills of portraiture and have been getting better at it.




This is a mixed media portrait of a fellow member of Pencil Jammers. She is a friendly, kind lady and I did her portrait from a photograph I had taken of her at an event called "Sunday Soul Sante".






This is the portrait of George Supreeth, a "serial entrepreneur" by his own admission - the co-founder of Pencil Jammers, Pencil Jam, Pencil Sauce and so on. Here he is portrayed listening to a young colleague of his talking about her sketchbook at an event called "Sketchbook Saturday" organised by him. A difficult perspective, slightly exaggerated for effect. To be frank I am very pleased with this and gives me a lot of confidence to approach portraiture and figure drawings.





This is the portrait of Kamal Narayanan, an architect and an avid painter. Here, he is listening to George Supreeth elaborating a point on art. This was also done from a photograph taken at the Sketchbook Saturday. 

I have many pictures from that evening which I plan to use as reference for further portraits.

I hope you enjoy these and the ones to come.





2 comments:

  1. A fan requests portrait of Dr JRL.
    Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fan of mine or of Prof. (no Dr.) JRL's?
    Either is fine, former is better, both is best?
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete