Thursday, September 29, 2011

Recent Watercolours









Ruins somehow seem to lend themselves to watercolours very well. They do not have clean edges is perhaps the reason. Here is a relatively less photographed part of Hampi. The original looked worked over with some image manipulating software. I painted a less "photoshopped" version.









This is my interpretation of a "hotel" (Gasthaus in German) near Blaubauer. The reference picture was sent to my by Suresh Babu who lives in Freiburg. Just at the time I painted this, I had seen a video of a very good watercolourist and it helped me improve my technique very much in a short time.







This is a picture I wanted to paint for quite some time. I am glad that I waited. As I said above, I have improved my technique which is now more suited to this scene.

In the meantime I have also changed my paints. Moved from Pelican cakes to Pentel tubes. Makes a huge difference to the colours' freshness.









No comments:

Post a Comment