Monday, September 5, 2011

Musicians


I have always felt that the visual beauty of a performance of Indian music has not been exploited by visual artists. I have tried to fill the gap at least for myself. In this series done over a fairly large time I have explored various media and instruments but only individual artists, not a group. I plan to explore groups of performing musicians soon.
















Some of these are not "finished" works but studies that show musicians in action. I feel that these are static action, with no attempt to exaggerate the action. Many photographs and posters catch the artist in intense effort and action. These reposeful ones suit the meditative nature, which is the essence for me, of Indian music.


Some of the artists listed in the Labels are the reference for these pictures without seriously attempting to bring their likeness.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment